On Sunday, January 14, 2018, HNDGS Chief, Admiral Evangelos Apostolakis HN met at the Officers Club in Athens, with a delegation of the American Hellenic Institute (AHI), American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) and American Jewish Organizations (B'nai B'rith International & Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations). The aforementioned delegation visited Athens as part of their tour in Greece, Cyprus and Israel from 14 to 19 January 2018.
The HNDGS Chief during the meeting noted:
- The modern security environment, emphasizing the geopolitical developments in Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and Balkans.
- The role of stability Greece and Greek Armed Forces play in the wider region.
- The participation of Greece in the EU-NATO framework.
- The excellent level of bilateral cooperation with US and Israel Armed Forces, as well as the initiatives undertaken by the Greek side to promote military cooperation with Balkan, North Africa and the Middle East countries.
- The violations of Hellenic territorial sea and airspace, by Turkish Armed Forces units.
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, the delegation will visit HNDGS where they will be briefed on national defense policy as well as units of the Greek Fleet at the Salamis Naval Base.